The right to read, create, update and delete building block instances is determined by permissions to edit building block types. Permissions for each building block type can be assigned to roles. For example, the role Manager can be granted update permissions for information systems and projects. Access can also be assigned to multiple roles. See Roles and Permissisons for details.
There are four permission types:
- Read: The data tile for this building block type is available, and users having a role with this permission, can view all information about building blocks of this type. This permission is required to grant further permissions.
- Update: Users with this permission are able to edit building blocks of the respective type.
- Create: Users with this permission are able to create new building blocks of the respective type. The Copy action is also protected by this permission.
- Delete: Users with this permission are able to delete building blocks of the respective type.
Permissions for relations
Given a relation between building block types A and B, the permissions for this relation are derived from the permissions for the building block types as follows:
- If a user has read permissions for A or B, then he also has the permission to view the relations between building blocks of those types.
- If a user has update or create or delete permissions for Aor B, then he also has the permission to edit the relations between building blocks of those types, meaning updating and adding and removing relations is possible.