LUY 7.2.2 (July 2021)
The version LUY 7.2.2 is a service release, in which we fixed some bugs in version 7.2.1 to further enhance your LUY experience.
What we fixed:
- Fixed an issue, so that multiple shared visualizations can be loaded simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue, so that log files will be created on a daily basis.
- Fixed an issue that a high number of users in the database slowed down login and the creation/update of a data element.
- Fixed an issue with the loading of a data element history in the case of many change entries. To speed up loading in this case, you may use the new property max.history.elements in the LUY config file luy.properties to limit the number of history entries to be loaded. Please be aware that this property does not apply to history exports, which by default will export the entire history.
- Fixed an issue with the data transfer when using MS Azure.
- Fixed an issue with saving a diagram/list report with an empty description when using an Oracle database.
LUY 7.2.1 (May 2021)
The version LUY 7.2.1 is a service release, in which we fixed some bugs in version 7.2.0 to further enhance the LUY experience for you.
What we fixed:
- Fixed an issue that multi mode might lead to an endless loading when subscribing to elements or building blocks.
- Fixed the server time in the docker for script execution (now UTC).
- Fixed issue with applying the data filter option "without" in Nested Layer, Nested Cluster and Hotspot diagrams.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes, technical metamodel names were displayed in the UI.
- Fixed an issue with Excel export/import that might appear when changing the user's application language settings.
- Fixed an issue that a large number of incoming in-app notifications could impact the performance of LUY for specific users.
- Fixed an issue with saving the filtering option "with ascendants" or "with descendants" in reports.
- Fixed an issue that for numeric attributes, cleared lower/upper bounds were not permanently saved.
LUY 7.2.0 (February 2021)
- 1. New Features
- 1.1 New Nested Layer Diagram
- 1.2 New general attribute "hierarchy level"
- 1.3 Sharing of building block type lists
- 1.4 New "Aggregate Hierarchy Level" feature in diagrams
- 1.5 NEW button replaces RESET button in custom dashboard and query console
- 1.6 Partial limits added for Edge legacy
- 1.7 New functional permission "Export Diagrams and Lists"
- 1.8 Color by relation attributes in Cluster Diagram and Masterplan Diagram
- 1.9 Enumeration attributes can be copied
- 2. Improvements
- 3. Dropped Functionality
- 4. Fixed Bugs
- 5. Additional Notes for 7.2 (Important!)
- 6. Announcements (Important!)
1. New Features
1.1 New Nested Layer Diagram
The Nested Layer Diagram is an evolution of the current Nested Cluster diagram. Using it you can visualize more interdependencies, from business architecture down to infrastructure in one single diagram! We recommend upgrading old diagrams to the new format. For further details see Nested Layer Diagram in User Documentation
Configure up to 7 diagram layers using building block types or attributes
Supports relation attributes
Migration of Nested Cluster Diagram reports to the Nested Layer Diagram possible:
Nested Cluster Diagram reports can be opened and saved as Nested Layer Diagram
Some settings might not be identically applied. Please review your diagram settings after migration as some settings do differ between the two diagram types
New functional permission for the Nested Cluster Diagram, in order to customize whether both diagrams or only the new one should be used
Permission is required to see and use the Nested Cluster Diagram
Data migration: All existing roles who can currently see and use the Nested Cluster Diagram also have the new Nested Cluster Diagram permission
1.2 New general attribute "hierarchy level"
Based on the parent/child structure
Use it in building block type lists:
Add hierarchy level attribute as a column in order to see the respective hierarchy level for each building block type
Filter building block types by hierarchy level
Use it in diagrams:
"Color by" hierarchy level
Add hierarchy level as attribute type (not as edge line type) for most diagram types
Use this attribute $$hierarchy_level$$ for building block types in plugin API scripts, IteraQl or public APIs
Attribute is shown in export for a building block type, but will be ignored in import
1.3 External sharing of building block type lists
Building block type lists can now be shared with other users, as already possible for diagrams
Via a new Share button in the menu of building block type lists, or
Via a Share button in the list of all saved reports (shared list reports are indicated as such using different icons in the first column)
Lists can be shared internally or externally
Formats: JSON and CSV (additional option: CSV with Confluence-based syntax)
1.4 New "Aggregate Hierarchy Level" feature in diagrams
Replaces the Hierarchy Filter Level dialog in diagrams
You can still apply the previous feature "Distrigation" (optional distribution and aggregation in the Hierarchy Filter Level dialog) by using the new "Aggregate Hierarchy Level" feature as well as the new hierarchy level attribute in the filter
Cluster and Landscape diagram reports are migrated to the new functionality; the reports are backward compatible
Important: If you used an Information System in a diagram, selected the filter option "Include Information Systems connected over Information Flows" and filtered by hierarchy level, the data and flow changed:
The filter configuration was applied (not including a hierarchy level filtering)
According to the filtered elements, all connected Information System over Information Flow were added to the filtered list in addition
Based on the first and second step, the amount of elements was filtered according to the hierarchy level
The filter configuration contains the filtering of elements according to their hierarchy level
Based on the filtered elements, connected Information System over Information Flow are added to the filtered list in addition
1.5 NEW button replaces RESET button in custom dashboard and query console
1.6 Partial limits added for Edge legacy
1.7 New functional permission "Export Diagrams and Lists"
for lists, diagrams or print functionality on a single element view page
Data migration: Existing roles by default have this permission, except if "List View Features" > "Export" was unselected
1.8 Color by relation attributes in Cluster Diagram and Masterplan Diagram
The Cluster and Masterplan Diagram now support coloring by relation attributes, additionally to coloring by building block type attributes
In the Cluster Diagram, rows can be colored based on the relation between row and header
In the Masterplan Diagram, elements can be colored based on the relation between level 2 or 3 and the previous level
1.9 Enumeration attributes can be copied
You can now copy an enumeration attribute in the attributes list in Administration > Attributes via a new Copy button in the Action column
Copying an enumeration attribute opens the configuration page of a new enumeration attribute with the name, description, attribute value and attribute group of the copied attribute
For more information, see attributes section in the user documentation.
2.1 LUY header
- Selected page is more highlighted
- Hovering over a report name in the header now shows a peek info of a report
2.2 Reports saving
- A click on the SAVE button always opens the Save dialog with report name, description and tags
- You can either save the changes and thus overwrite the report, or save a copy of the report
- If a diagram, query console or custom dashboard report (no list reports) has not yet been saved or contains unsaved changes, the "unsaved changes" indicator is permanently shown in the header
- Reset the custom dashboard and query console page to default with click on the NEW button, either directly or after saving changes (RESET button is removed)
Diagram types are now sorted A-Z in diagram lists and dropdowns for diagram selection
Coloring by stripes improved for multi-relations
Diagrams are only listed in the menu "go to diagram" in the list view if you have permission on this diagram type
Customizing number format based on the diagram can now be used in all diagrams
In the Portfolio Diagram attributes with unassigned value now have a smaller bubble size than attributes with assigned value in addition to the striped border in order to highlight the difference
New structure of the attribute selection on the start page of diagrams and in the "coloring by" menu:
The dropdown selection is grouped and sorted in this order:
General attributes (system variables)
Top level attribute groups
Normal attribute groups
Within each group, general attributes and relation attributes are sorted by name, top level and normal attribute groups are sorted by position.
In the Information Flow Diagram, edges are now counted within partial limits
If the partial limit is reached, elements are added in this order:
All parent nodes that are aggregated (not displayed as separate nodes)
Children nodes of already added parent nodes
Edges to/from parent nodes and children nodes
Diagram tool area:
Checkboxes for a clearer status of selected/unselected display options
Improved usability of the menus in the tool area for better readability and handling
2.4 Single element view page
- The element ID is shown next to last modification user and time
- Copy the URL link to the clipboard with click on COPY button in the toolbar
2.5 User settings
- If you open a report, e.g. the Masterplan Diagram, and leave the report without any changes, the report and not the saved user settings is loaded as soon as you return to the report (here Masterplan Diagram). The difference is that if another user changes the report in the meantime, you directly see the changes of the other user and not your previous state of the report.
- User settings are saved before logout
2.6 Plugin API Improvements
- New function api.http.execute() that contains not only the body of the response, but also the headers and status code. The old function api.http.performRequest() is deprecated
- New function api.http.reset() to reset the parameters saved in api.http
- New function api.survey.create(String surveyName, String surveyDescription, String savedQueryUuid, String responsibilityAttributePersistentName, Numeric authorId). The recent function without authorId is deprecated. This way, the author is independent of the user starting the script, and the function can also be used in scheduled scripts
2.7 Graphics reactor
- Publishing of a reactor directory is possible, including the content of up to two sub-directories. As the publishing configuration references a directory in the output field, execution of the related xslt script is omitted.
- Rational: Publishing a reactor directory enables customers to deploy user interface extensions (e.g. single page applications accessing LUY context via REST API from within a user's LUY security context). As there is a high probability that these extensions collect required data by rest-API, omitting the script execution is tolerable.
- Add content type (MIME-Type) to published file
2.8 Small general improvements
- In the permission configuration, you can select all building block types at once
- Adding values for enumeration and responsibility attribute now via a dialog
- Dialog opens with a click on the CREATE button above the list of attribute values
- Selection option "Create another" (checkbox in the dialog) enables to directly add further attribute values after creating the current value
- If you log in again after an enforced logout, you are redirected to the previously open page instead of the LUY start page
- Default sorting of data history now shows the latest changes on top
- "Edit Data" toolbar group name improved across LUY
- If there is an inconsistency between the client and server version, an info toast is shown that you should clear your cache and login is not possible
- Performance issue with enumerations improved
Functional permission for external report sharing split into two functional permissions
one for diagrams
one for building block type lists
- Error handling improved for REST resources
- SAML added to installation status check
Upgraded to log4j2. Customized logging configurations have to be changed to the new format. The configuration is now saved in the
.xml. For the files, please see the code blocks to the right.
Upgraded log4j2 files:
is used instead of:
And for a logging entry:
is used instead of:
3. Dropped Functionality
3.1 "Menu and Tile Position" removed from standard configuration in customizing page
- The default "centered" position is now permanent
4. Fixed Bugs
When externally sharing a diagram via SVG, the SVG contains URLs to LUY. The URL now uses the "urlbuilder.application.address" instead of "urlbuilder.sharedqueries.address" from luy.properties.
A filter configured for a Navigator report was not applied correctly when opening the report in a list via "Show in list"
"Unsaved changes" hint was mistakenly shown when opening an unchanged, saved diagram
Unsuccessful database migration because of error (in version 7.1.3)
Corrupt JSON when attribute description contained HTML tags
Withdrawing permissions from attribute/attribute groups might have caused endless reloading
License upload page did not open
Directly executed plugin API scripts now have all permissions and no longer depend on user roles and permissions
Personal Global Filter configuration with self-relations didn't filter data correctly
Entering Business Mappings in the Query Console returned empty list instead of error message
Graphics Reactor now works with SAML2.
Graphics Reactor can now be accessed only with the functional permission "Use Graphics Reactor". Before, also the functional permission "Edit Roles and Grant Permissions" was necessary
5. Additional Notes for 7.2 (Important!)
- With LUY 7.2, Internet Explorer 11 is officially no longer supported.
- With LUY 7.2, Information Security Management is officially no longer supported.
6. Announcements (Important!)
LUY will no no longer support Java 8 as of version 7.3.0.
The Diagram Builder (Beta Version) test feature will be removed for version 7.3.0. Thank you for your feedback on this test feature.
New Features & Improvements
- Improved Reports
- Easily share reports with other users.
- There is a new share-button when a report is opened.
- Users now have complete control over report access and permissions. It is possible to give read / write or owner access to either all users, individuals, roles or user groups.
- This replaces the previous "share with all" option in the save report dialog.
- Organize your reports by adding tags.
- Subscribe to reports and receive notifications about changes.
- Unsaved changes are now clearly visible due to the new unsaved changes indicator.
- Improved report list.
- New author column to see who created a report.
- Right click links to open reports in a new tab or window.
- New filter options to quickly see what reports are shared with others.
- Long report names are now better supported when loading a report.
- If a report cannot be opened, the error message now contains more information.
- Saved Queries are now called reports throughout LUY.
- Easily share reports with other users.
- New Startpage
- Users now see information relevant to them when they login.
- All subscribed building blocks and reports can be found under "My subscribed elements" and "My subscribed reports".
- Show relevant reports to users by using the new report groups.
- Report groups are created in the admin customizing section and are used to group reports with a common name by their tags.
- These groups are then shown to users on their startpage (if they have the permission to at least view those reports).
- Open surveys are now shown to users in a "To Dos" card on the startpage.
- An announcement message can now be configured and shown to all users on their startpage (e.g. for links to documentation).
- Improved Diagrams
- Each diagram now has a startpage. Here, the user can either choose to configure a new report or load an existing one.
- Now there is an edit mode for all diagrams that determines whether the user can make any changes. By default, the edit mode is disabled when opening an existing report.
- The reset-button in diagrams has been replaced by a new-button. This button leads the user to the diagram startpage.
- The tabs layout in some diagrams has been replaced by a more easy to understand dropdown.
- Information Flow
- Choose what side of the node an edge should connect to.
- Edges are not reset anymore when a connected node is moved.
- Improved node annotations.
- All relation types are now supported.
- There can be multiple node annotations at once.
- Right click on edges to remove additional points or reset the edge.
- Various improvements to the usability.
- Columns and rows can now be colored by attribute values.
- Custom Dashboard
- The Navigator can now be used in the custom dashboard.
- User Groups
- User groups can now be managed via the user administration section
- Create new user groups with a name and description
- Assign users to one or more user groups
- User groups can be selected as literals in responsibility attributes.
- There is a new REST-API to manage user groups programatically.
- Similar to roles, user groups are matched by AD groups on user login.
- User groups can now be managed via the user administration section
- Improved List View
- Empty mandatory attributes are now highlighted on the building block list view.
- The create-new building block dialog now has full keyboard support.
- Hierarchical names are now supported via display option.
- Improved Single Element View
- There is a new print-button that generates a printable version of the single element view.
- All attribute editors now have a saving indicator to show the state of an edit.
- Comments and history are now loaded automatically on scroll.
- New in-app notifications on the top right to keep users up-to-date.
- There is a new e-mail notification setting on the personal space page that allows individual users to turn off e-mail notifications.
- Improved Color Picker
- The last used colors are now displayed to the user.
- A set of suggested colors can be configured in the admin section, which makes it easier for users to stick to your corporate design guidelines.
- Improved Plugin API
- Automatically sort enumeration literals alphabetically through a new attribute administration setting.
- The Graphics Reactor directory is now configurable.
- Improved screen reader support.
- Multiline text attributes now support more than 4000 characters.
- Data Transfer
- Easily export all LUY data (including customizing, roles & permissions, etc.) as a ".luy" file.
- Import a ".luy" file on a LUY instance with the same version to completely replace its data with the data from the export.
- REST-API endpoints to use the data transfer programatically, e.g. to synchronize a test instance with production data regularly.
- Added support for additional databases: PostgreSQL & MariaDB.
- Fixed links in PDF export not working for some diagrams.
- Fixed an issue with Visio exports having incorrect file endings on Firefox.
- Fixed an issue with attribute ordering in top level attribute groups.
- Fixed the filter dialog scrolling up when a filter criteria is removed.
- Fixed an issue with the hierarchy level filter not working correctly in the cluster diagram.
- Fixed an issue with clickable attributes in the cluster diagram header.
- Fixed an issue with some edges in the information flow diagram not connecting properly after loading a query.
- Fixed issues with invalid saved query ids in the custom dashboard.
- Starting with 7.1, LUY performs any required database updates by itself on application startup. (only works with LUY 7.0.3 and above)
- Supervisor roles have been renamed to match the LUY brand (this requires a DB-update for all iTurm users).
- Docker images (from 7.1 onwards) are now found in a new docker artifactory (iteraplan.docker → luy.docker).
- Some of the default docker parameter values (e.g. database names) have been changed.
- 7.1 is the last release to officially support Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed a rare deadlock issue when using MS SQL Server database.
- Fixed an issue with coloring relation attributes in landscape diagram.
- Fixed an issue with sharing a report does not trigger e-mails.
- Fixed partial limits for diagrams.
- Fixed POST request for api/query/iteraQL.
- Fixed PUT request for api/element/[type]/[id] with no actual changes.
- Fixed an issue with user settings loading in list views.
- Fixed an issue with attribute description longer than 4000 characters.
- Fixed an issue with sorting attribute groups.
- Fixed REST API response content type.
- Fixed an issue with printing the single element view page.
- Fixed an issue with graphics reactor.
- Fixed an issue with import excel.
- Fixed an issue with parallel editing.
- Fixed an issue with display option "Sub Information System - nested" in Information Flow Diagram
- Fixed an issue with responsibility attribute and include all users
- Fixed an issue with notifications and the Plugin API.
New Features & Improvements
- Improved Diagrams
- Diagrams now have a more modern and clean design
- Configure the sorting order of elements
- Set a custom building block type color using the new coloring buttons in the diagram legend
- Long names in diagrams are now abbreviated in a better way
- Information Flow
- The layouting algorithm has been reworked and now produces better results
- New display options allow to configure how sub information systems are displayed
- Modify the path of edges and the position of edge annotations using drag & drop
- Moving and aligning elements is now easier thanks to grid snapping
- Specify date boundaries to create reports which only show the relevant time span
- Choose between different time units (day; week; month; quarter; year)
- Nested Cluster
- A new layouting algorithm now reduces gaps in the layout
- Nested Cluster & Landscape
- When displaying attributes, you can now set an attribute filter to limit what values are shown
- Personal Global Filter
- Users can now define a personal global filter which limits what building blocks are shown (and loaded) in the entire application
- This allows you to only show data relevant for a specific scenario, to hide legacy elements and much more ...
- Peek Info
- Hover over building block names to quickly see additional information without leaving the current page
- Decide what attributes are important to you and your users, and configure the peek info accordingly
- Note: Due to performance considerations, the peek info is not available when using Internet Explorer 11
- Improved Data Loading
- The client now loads only data relevant to each page in order to reduce initial loading times
- In the list view, xWiki translations are now loaded immediately to avoid a later refresh of the list
- The meta model loading is now more efficient, especially with large responsibility attributes
- Improved Menu Bar
- Buttons and widgets are now grouped logically for improved usability (this affects various pages, but primarily the building block list view)
- In the building block list view, the data and view filter can now be reset individually
- Improved Single Element View
- For information systems, the connected information flows are now shown in an improved layout
- Unassigned mandatory attributes are now clearly indicated with a new icon
- A newly added relation is now marked with a "new" tag in order to be found faster
- When attempting to add a business mapping that already exists, users can now open the business mapping editor instead of combi-create
- A new "add business mapping" button has been added next to the relation manager drop-down
- A few improvements have been made on the layout of the page to improve usability and reduce whitespace
- Improved List View
- New building blocks can now either be added via the "new" button in the menu bar or via a new "plus" icon next to the name column
- The dialog shown when pressing the "new" button now includes all mandatory attributes of that building block type
- The tree mode now uses more standardized arrow icons instead of the previous plus and minus icons for displaying the hierarchy
- The new button in the business mapping list now opens the business mapping editor
- Improved keyboard support and general usability
- Personal Space Page
- There is a new personal space page which contains information and settings for the individual user
- Improved e-mails
- E-mails sent by iteraplan now have a new design and improved texts
- The e-mails are now available in German or English, depending on the user's language setting
- The docker container now has a mailing configuration as well
- The homepage and building block list view now have basic screen reader support (make sure to enable it in the personal space settings first)
- The tiles on the homepage have been redesigned and now have new icons, which are used throughout the application
- The corporate design customizing now affects all colors
- Improved structure view
- The structure view showing the meta model of iteraplan has been redesigned
- It is now set as default view when accessing the homepage for the first time
- It is now available as VISIO template to facilitate customization
- It is now possible to upload a German and English structure view separately
- The attribute list in the administration now contains a new column that shows all building block types which the attribute is enabled for
- The plugin list now contains a new column that shows the plugin ID
- Fixed issue with information flow diagram: Information systems included over information flows were ignored by the manual selection filter
- Fixed issue with PDF export: PDF export was not working in some cases
- Fixed issue with editor: Editor was displayed outside the screen when long names were present
- Fixed issue with "/query" endpoint: iteraQL string has been moved from the URL params to the request body
- Fixed visual issue with plugin API editor
- Business Functions have been renamed to Capabilites.
The renaming in the customizing is done only in new installations, updates for existing installations are not affected.
However, if you have not customized the structure view before, it will now say "Capabilities" instead of "Business Functions".
In order to stick with Business Functions, download the legacy structure view SVGs here and upload them in the customizing section.
- REST-API change:
The "/query" endpoint is now POST instead of GET and the iteraQL expression needs to be in the body of the request, not the URL.
This has been necessary due to some limitations and conflicts of iteraQL inside the URL. For more information, take a look at the latest REST API documentation.
- Please do not copy the file "iteraplan-db.properties" from the previous version into version 7.0. The files have changed and it will therefore not work.
- Fixed an issue with sorting in the Landscape Diagram: elements in hierarchies were always sorted by name.
New Features & Improvements
- The application is now styled according to LUY.
Existing customizings of the corporate design are not affected by this. If you would like to return to the iteraplan styling, take a look here.
- We simplified and improved the corporate design customizing.
You now only need to choose a primary and an accent color, and the whole application will be styled accordingly.
- Information Flow Diagram
- Improvements to the routing of edges, including a better performace while dragging nodes
- You can now move the edge independent of the grid, in order to avoid offset problems
- Fixed an issue that led to errors when accessing the application through a reverse proxy
- Improved protection against Cross-Site-Request-Forgery (CSRF)
- Fixed an iTurm issue that allowed authenticated users to change their assigned roles without permission to do so
- Fixed duplicate user entries being shown in filter dropdowns
- Fixed an issue with the excel import not being able to delete certain business mappings
- Fixed an issue with peek info displaying attributes that are not assigned to the building block type
- POST requests to the Single Element API with empty values are now once again ignored, not rejected
- Fixed an issue with the show in Landscape Diagram feature of the list view
- Fixed an issue where the list view did not update after deleting an element in treeview mode
- Fixed an issue with the excel history export on the single element view
- Fixed the logo being cut off in diagram legends
- Fixed an issue with the filter and the IFD - Connected over Information Flow option
- Fixed an issue with incorrect node and edge positions in the IFD after loading a saved query
- Fixed an issue that prevented user login when an incomplete personal global filter was set
- Fixed an issue with the navigator not working anymore after deleting the last accessed building block
Fixed an issue that prevented users to access their personal space from within a diagram
- Fixed an issue with query console saved queries that have additional columns displayed
- Fixed an issue with assigning values to numberic attributes using a special german customizing option
- Fixed various minor issues and layout problems in the landscape diagram
- Fixed a layout issue in the nested cluster diagram with orphaned elements enabled
- Fixed an issue with deleted IS-IFL relations still being displayed after refreshing the page
- Fixed an issue with the query console in conjunction with the personal global filter
- Fixed several issues with adding of new values to enumeration attributes
- Fixed an issue that prevented the customizing of color schemes for diagrams
- Fixed an issue that led to partially rendered exported diagrams using Firefox
- Fixed several issues in the business mapping editor dialog
- Fixed an issue that led to duplicate IS-IFL relations being shown in the SEV
- Fixed an issue with e-mail notification being partially broken due to an excel import
- Fixed several layouting issues in the MPD
- Fixed an issue with empty logfiles generated by the create report feature
- Fixed a layouting issue with the plugin API list view
- Fixed several issues concerning the custom dashboard feature
- Fixed an issue that led to attribute descriptions not being updated properly
- Fixed an issue with boolean attributes and no assigned value
- Fixed an issue that allowed the creation of duplicate business mappings
New Features & Improvements
- LUY now supports user authentication and authorization via SAML2
- Setting different url adresses for emails and shared visualizations is now possible
- Fixed various issues related to the share visualization feature
- Fixed an issue with specific iteraQL exports
- Fixed an issue with column widths not saving correctly in lists
- Empty mailing credentials are now supported in docker
- Fixed an issue with API requests and anonymus access
- Fixed an issue with a special case in the remove user process
- Fixed an issue with going to an attribute SEV from the attribute groups page
- Improved multimode performance
- Fixed an issue with column sorting in the hierarchical building block list
- Fixed an issue with square brackets in attribute names and excel import
- Fixed an issue with keyboard navigation on numeric attribute editors
- Fixed an issue with the building block SEV not opening in a special case
(Changes since iteraplan 6.4)
- Information security management
- Bridge the gap between the requirements of the information security management and the EAM data
- Perform target-to-target comparison with automated workflows to detect deviations (risks) and do subsequent risk assessment
- ISM is a separately licensed module that requires a specific license key to use
- Quick access
- Access a global search from everywhere within iteraplan
- Increase your productivity by quickly changing to recently visited pages
- Oracle JDK 11 and Open JDK 11 compatibility
- Improved Visio export
The Visio export for the cluster diagram, masterplan diagram, portfolio diagram and tree map diagram is now feature complete
The Visio export for the information flow diagram now supports multiple connection points
- Improved enumeration/responsibility editors
- Performance is now independent of the literal amount
- The width of the editor adjusts to longer literals
- Fixed an issue where accessing a shared visualization would change your current login user
- Fixed an issue with the creation of date interval dependencies
- Fixed an issue with the list view excel export and formatting of numbers
- Fixed an issue with the plugin API not updating responsibility attributes after "createUser()"
- Fixed an issue where a custom number formatting could lead to wrong conversions
- Fixed an issue with the information flow diagram where long edge annotation texts where cut off
- Fixed an issue with the multi mode when trying to assign an element as its own parent
- Fixed an issue with element names that contain "$"
- Fixed an issue with the Xwiki syntax not being translated correctly
Fixed an issue with the list view not sorting correctly by last modification time
- Fixed an issue with the information flow diagram Visio export where connection points where incorrect after resizing
Please note that starting with release 6.5, Tomcat 7 and 8.0 are no longer supported. Take a look at the installation prerequisites for more information.
- Improvements to the information security management module
- Requirements can now be structured in hierarchies, similar to how it is done for building blocks
- Requirements, risks and actions can now be deleted in addition to being deactivated
- Requirements, risks and actions now have complete element type histories
- A requirement does not necessarily need a mapping to building block data anymore, it can exist without it
- An action can now be created without assigning any risks initially
- “Affected Building Blocks” and “Responsibility” on requirements can now be updated after the initial requirement creation
- Fixed an issues with long loading times for the requirement list view
- Instead of once a day, the risk identifications of building blocks are now updated once every hour
- Improved texts for the security surveys
- The system info report now contains the iteraplan.log file
- Fixed an issue with loading saved queries in the custom dashboard and the iteraQL console
- Fixed an issue with incorrect http links in survey emails
- Fixed an issue with surveys and enumeration columns
- Fixed an issue with plugin scripts not causing data history changes
- Fixed an issue where attribute groups could be given a name that is already used in the metamodel
- Fixed an issue with the "show in list" button in some visualizations
- Fixed an issue with the 6.4 to 6.5 database migration scripts for Oracle
- Fixed an issue with the Information Flow Visio export showing blurred text in some cases
- Fixed an issue with the visualization PDF export on SaaS instances
- Fixed an issue with null names for fields like "last modification user"
- Fixed a minor layout issue with the business mapping editor in the single element view
Please note that starting with release 6.5.1, the provided docker image uses Java 11 and Tomcat 9.
(Changes since iteraplan 6.3)
- Information flow usability
- Information flows are now easier to understand and manage
- Clearly see what data is exchanged between information systems
- New dialogs assist you in creating and updating information flows
- Fill responsibility attributes
- Automatically include users in responsibility attributes
- Synchronize responsibility attributes with LDAP using the plugin API
- Share visualizations (beta)
- Generate shareable links for saved queries
- Share up-to-date reports with stakeholders outside of iteraplan
- Improved singe element view
- Improved page structure, including a new navigation header
- Quickly add new relations directly on the relation panels
- Performance improvements to greatly reduce the initial loading time
- Create and edit business mappings using the new business mapping editor
- Keyboard support for editing attributes
- Improved Visio export
- The Visio export for the information flow diagram, landscape diagram,
nested cluster diagram and navigator is now feature complete
- Especially the connectors and the grouping of shapes have been greatly improved
- The Visio export for the information flow diagram, landscape diagram,
- Added a possibility to edit relations directly in the navigator
- The iteraplan installer can now optionally encrypt passwords
- Disabling of building block types through customization now also hides the affected relations
- Date interval dependencies can now be edited after the attribute has already been created
- Added a filter dialog option to include ancestors/descendants when filtering hierarchies
- Added a drop down option to the new-button of the list view
- Added an excel export option to omit the generation of preformatted empty rows
- Improved the page breadcrumbs to include the homepage tabs
- Improved the default parameters of the information flow diagram layout
- Improved the readability of the information flow diagram edge annotations
- Extended the REST API to include plugin-API endpoints
- Added a customizing option for the American date format
- Added generated default colors for new enumeration literals
- Fixed the behavior of the functional permission for public saved queries
- Fixed an issue with data model changes triggered by a scheduled plugin script
- Fixed an issue where the list view was empty after setting a relation filter
- Fixed an issue with the sorting of dates in the list view
- Fixed the ordering of business mappings in the single element view
- Fixed the ordering of attributes in the singe element view
- Fixed an issue with error toast not being visible in the single element view
- Fixed a permission issue with specific relation attributes
- Fixed an issue with iteraQL expressions not working for the partial Excel export
- Fixed an issue with some diagrams not opening when there are no building blocks
- Fixed an issue with loading the building block history in some cases
Please note that starting with release 6.4, Java 7 is no longer supported. Take a look at the Installation Prerequisites for more information.
- Improved building block list view: the column width is now preserved when adding or removing columns
- Fixed a layouting issue in the navigator that caused boxes to overlap
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the SEV would not open
- Fixed an issue with creating date intervals that caused follow up errors
- Fixed an issue with the display of user names in the history entries
- Fixed an issue related to the editing of role descriptions
- Fixed the visio export for the IFD when using a manual selection filter
- Fixed a render issue of the IFD where annotation effects where always shown
- Fixed the issue of SEV relation cards taking up unnecessary space
- Fixed an issue with the SQL console
(Changes since iteraplan 6.2)
- Surveys - decentralized data collection
- Improve collaboration and user involvement using the new surveys feature
- Send freely configurable tasks to other iteraplan users, showing them a list of building blocks that they are responsible for
- Easy to use and fully integrated into roles and permissions: all happens inside iteraplan
- Hotspot Diagram
- Detect building block internal dependencies using this new visualization
- Display the self-relations of all building block types
- Filtering, coloring, saved queries as well as export options available
- Diagram Builder (beta)
- Create your own diagrams using this new expert feature
- In this first version it's possible to define rules on what building blocks and relations are shown
- It will be extended in the future based on your feedback
- Boolean attribute type
- Removed fixed attributes
- The following fixed attributes are now migrated to regular custom attributes: Status values (IS & TC), Productive period (IS & TC), Lifetimes (PROJ), Available for Interfaces (TC)
- After the migration they are placed in a new attribute group "[Core Attributes]"
- This means that these attributes can now be edited, deleted or moved to a different attribute group
- Date Intervals can now exist without being based on date attributes. However, a dependency for the start- and/or enddate can still be declared in the attributes page
- Improved Single Element View
- Better layout to show information more clearly
- Simplified Business Mappings
- Business Mappings now show the type of each building block
- Business Mappings with only two dimensions are shown in a sperate panel
- Two dimensional business mappings are added right away without opening the editor
- Better relation management usability
- Filter buildings blocks by type or add a filter to find elements faster
- Removed the limit of elements in the relation drop-down
- Added a calendar view to visualize dates and date intervals
- Added a display option to show hierarchical names for building blocks
- Added a display option to show all elements in a new line, not next to each other
- Improved List View
- Better tree view
- Sorting is now possible in tree view mode
- Added buttons to expand or collapse all hierarchies
- Added saving of the hierarchy collapsed states for each user
- Better keyboard operability when working with the list view
- Added a loading indicator to show when a change for a cell is finished
- Better tree view
- Improved REST API
- New REST documentation according to the OpenAPI specification
- Added administration API that enables read and write access to attributes, attribute groups, users and roles
- Added possibility to post a JSON-datamodel to the data endpoint (before it was limited to excel)
- Better attributes and attribute groups user interface to improve usability
- Added Plugin API support for HTTPS URLs and proxies
- Added a zoom control widget for all diagrams
- Diagrams now save the scroll position in addition to the zoom level
- Responsibility attribute values now show the first and last name in addition to the username
- Improved the Visio export for the Information Flow Diagram
- Improved hint in dialog when replacing an information system in an information flow
- Improved mention of display options in diagram legends
- Improved user interface of the cluster diagram
- Improved design and texts for various dialogs
- Fixed a performance issue with building block drop-downs in the List View
- Fixed an issue where newly created elements in the list view could not be directly selected in relation dropdowns
- Fixed an issue where relation attributes in the list view could not be edited properly
- Fixed an issue where numeric values in the tree view did not show any value for child elements
- Fixed an issue where "show in list" would not work using IE11
- Fixed an issue where specific queries would not work using the partial excel export
- Customizing the fav-icon now works correctly using Edge
- Saved query names are now properly used in all exported visualizations
- IFD node positions are no longer reset when showing or hiding the diagram legend
- The LSD relation filter now works correctly when filtering for business mappings
- The LSD relation filter no longer features self-relations, because this functionality is already present in the node filter
- The Quick Filter is now considered when using the list view multi mode
- Relation names now all have proper german translations
- Fixed an issue where the VISIO export was not working for specific diagrams
- Fixed an issue with the permission handling for relation building blocks
- Fixed how the attribute group permissions were determined when a user has multiple roles, or role inheritance was used
- Fixed an issue that prevented IFL IS-2 relations to be created/edited using the single element view
- Fixed an issue with the 6.2 to 6.3 migration script for Oracle and MSQL. If the migration was already done, take a look here.
- Fixed an issue with adding relations to building blocks that are connected via business mapping
- Fixed an issue with combi create of business mappings when a combination already existed
- Fixed an issue with attribute group permission handling on the SEV
- Fixed an issue with the format of date intervals in the xmi export
(Changes since iteraplan 6.1)
- Navigator Extension
- Two modes to explore your EA: Standard mode and deep dive mode
- In the standard mode only relations to the centered element are shown
The center can be changed, and there are multiple display options to filter what is shown
- In the deep dive mode other elements can be expanded to show their relations as well
This is the functionality that is already known from previous versions
- It is now possible to create and link new elements from within the navigator
- Ability to save & load a configuration
- Information Flow Diagram Extension
- Nodes and Edges can now have annotations to provide additional information
- Annotations can be filtered for a clear view on the data
- Node positions are saved and also used for exports
- There are now multiple docking points for connected edges in all directions
- Building Block Comments
- Users can now add comments to all elements
- This feature is enabled by default, but can be disabled in the system administration
- Remove a User and his Footprints
- The user management now features user deletion/substitution functionality
- Helps to get a complete understanding and control over all data in iteraplan containing personal/user information
- It is possible to download impact as well as post-execution reports
- Provides GDPR/DSGVO conformity of iteraplan itself
- More filter options in the Landscape diagram
- In addition to the three filters for elements, there are now two filters for the relations used to construct the diagram
- Much finer control of what is show in the diagram
- The relation filter option is especially powerful when being applied to Business Mappings
- Delete with Options
- The deletion of an element with child elements results in appropriate deletion options
- If an element is included in business mappings there are appropriate deletion options as well
- Relative Filter Options
- Responsibility attributes can now be set to "current user", to reference the user currently logged in
- Date attributes can now be set to "today", to always reference the current day
- Corporate dashboard page featuring a template to download has been removed.
The template is still available via the forum or customer support.
- Improved filter dialogue usability. It now clearly divides between element and relation filter
- Possibility to configure author visibility in building block history
- All parts of the metamodel (element and relation names in English and German) can now be customized
- Improved login/logout when anonymous access is enabled
Improved the printing layout of the single element view
- Microsoft Edge compatibility
- Extended the Plugin API with the ability to query meta information of attributes
- Extended the Plugin API with a get-user-details functionality
- Diagram legends now show the minimum and maximum values for numeric coloring
- Cluster diagram: New UI of the tool area, better configuartion possibilities for each row
- Diagram downloads now have a loading indicator
- Improved the legend readability in customized dashboards
- Related elements in a list view are now links to the respective single element view
- Multiline attributes in the single element view now show in full width
- Added proper notifications for missing permissions
- Mass updates now show a progress bar
- Direct SQL execution possible
- Added the possiblity to check the status of the iteraplan installation
- Improved the usability when uploading files in the graphics reactor
- Improved the usability of the roles and permissions page
- A lot of smaller UI/UX improvements
- Resolved some issues with the behaviour of the Plugin API. It now clearly distinguishes between parsing and executing scripts again
- Fixed an issue that prevented creating relations from an infrastructure element to a technical component in some rare cases
- Fixed an issue where multiline text attributes where not editable in the single element view
- Fixed an issue in the list view that prevented a new child element from being created
- Fixed an issue where the order of an element's children was not updated properly
- Fixed an issue where a copied element could not be edited properly
- Fixed an unexpected logout issue in IE11
- Fixed an issue with saving date intervals without end data in list view
- Fixed an issue where no subscription emails where sent
- The creation of attributes with an invalid name is now handled properly
- Fixed a layout problem when moving rows in the cluster diagram
- The sorting of lists is now properly saved
- Fixed an issue with the Excel import where the date could not be read
- Legends in the diagram Visio export are now positioned correctly
- Fixed an issue where the single element view was not loaded at all due to some missing permissions
- The element links in subscription e-mails are now correct
- A customized application logo is now displayed in a proper resolution
(Changes since iteraplan 6.0.5)
- Huge Metamodel extension
- More powerful Business Mapping
- Relations are now attributable
- Extended Domain Types
- Interface Type overhauled
- Project connected to all other types
- Plugin API enhancements
- GUI now available for configuration
- Schedule a script execution
- Possibility to directly execute a script
- Send emails from scripts
- Query external systems from scripts
- Globally set date format, help menu contents etc.
- Change logo, favicon and GUI colors
- Define color schemes for visualizations
- Rename the iteraplan Building Block Types and Relations
- Changes related to the Metamodel extension
- Some technical names of elements changed
- Relations are now attributable, so their handling changed
- Interface type has been renamed and overhauled
- See here for details
- Classic Client removed from iteraplan
- Saved Queries and History data need to be migrated
- Object related permissions are removed
- Time series functionality removed
- Spreadsheet report templates replaced by internal Excel feature
- Seals now realised via Plugin API
- Information Flow diagram templates removed
- Audit log file feature removed
- Functional permissions were adjusted
- See here and here for details
- Plugin API scripts now configured via GUI
- See the Upgrade Guide how to migrate them
- Performance improvements, especially for initial load, list view and single element view
- List view controls and diagram configuration options redesigned
- Visio dowload option (beta status) for various diagrams available
- Position values of elements are now considered in tree view and diagrams
- Direct loading of saved queries from lists and visualizations possible
- Possibility to take over result set from iteraQL query console to list or diagram
- Improved Overview for configured Roles & Permissions
- Loading notice for some long running tasks added
- History for Building Block Types now also shows changes of single elements, without details
- Axis label text size in portfolio diagram improved
- Background color of Custom Dashboards improved for better visibility
- Excel import now correctly removes self relations with the conservative strategy selected
- User delete now possible with existing subscriptions
- Metamodel structure view: Boxes are now everywhere clickable
- Element History does no longer show global changes of the type from before the creation time
iteraplan 6.0.5 is a Service Release featuring mainly defect fixes
(Changes since iteraplan 6)
- Various problems when copying elements solved
- IE11: After adding elements via the list view the green "adding line" in the table now disappears
- Buttons New & Delete in Single Element view no longer available when user has insufficient rights
- Query console result list no longer shows edit marker when editing is not possible in the list
- Error now shown when a published Graphics Reactor result page fails to be created
- Mass deletion of just created Business Mappings now works correctly in all cases
- HTML markup in Dashboards in now correctly distinguished from XWiki markup
- Download of Custom Dashboards now works correctly
- Custom Dashboards do not automatically redraw themselves
- Subscription mails now work correctly for just added relations
- The anonymous access feature now works correctly in all cases when using Oracle as database backend
- The IT-Service element translation string is now used everywhere in the New Client
- The Excel import is no longer prone to incorrect time span values
- The visualization embed feature does no longer show a blank page in IE 11
- Scrolling in the list after opening and closing a multi line input field now works in all browsers
- When loading a saved query columns might no longer be discarded
- The Information Flow layout is now immediately deterministic after a parameter change
- IE11: Adding relations in the single element view fixed
- Multivalue enumeration attributes in the Default Attribute Group are now correctly displayed
- In the Single Element View Enumeration Attributes which are shown next to the core attributes can now be correctly edited
- The single element view does no longer accidentially open when using drag and drop in the tree view mode
- Descriptions in the Query console result list now show the XWiki syntax correctly
- Some rare cases fixed with attribute group and building block type permissions
- No more empty space shown at the bottom of the Masterplan Diagram
- Coloring in Pie Chart Diagram will no longer be broken after reload / additional configuration
- Various GUI and layout improvements regarding usability and clear arragement
- Elements in PDF & SVG export now link to the single element view page in iteraplan
- Browser back button now immediately goes back to the last visited screen
- Order of enum literals now respected in the REST response and everywhere in the GUI
- (?) links in multiline editors now lead to proper online XWiki documentation page
- Filtering speed improvements in IE11, especially with manual filtering
- Single element view page speed improvements
(Changes since iteraplan 5.5)
New Features in the Interactive Client
- Mass update feature
- Included in the list view
- Filtering and manual selecting of elements possible
- Setting/clearing and adding/removing of value(s) possible
- Works also with relations, not only with attribute values
- Adding & deleting for Business Mappings
- Part of the list view
- Individual Business Mappings can be added or deleted
- Adding/Deleting of combinations (cross product) possible
- Enhanced Single Element view
- Editing of all values possible
- Add relations by simply starting to type element names
- New Tree view
- Included in the element list view
- Shows the hierarchical position of the elements
- Rearrange via Drag and Drop possible
- Also works with filtered lists
- New Custom Dashboard
- Individually combine saved visualisations and other content
- Freely design and layout your dashboards
- Immediately see your results
- Save and share your dashboards
- Migration (of dashboard templates) from Classic Client is available
- Integration of lists and visualizations
- Easily switch from one view to the other and keep all filters etc.
- Available for all types and all visualizations
- Also visualize single elements directly in various diagrams
- New User and Role & Permission Management
- Included in the Admin section
- New layout eases the administration of the features
- New Attribute and Attribute Group Management
- Included in the Admin section
- Drag and Drop available for reordering elements
- Element Subscriptions
- Available in the list view and the single element view
- Subscription possible to both single elements and to the element type
- Works also with mass update (mass subscription)
- Current subscription status is shown
- Docker images of iteraplan are generally available for all customers
- Export & Import
- Functionality available in the Interactive Client
- Progress now better visible
- Full XWiki Syntax is again available for multi line text attributes
- History data for a bulding block type (containing creates and deletes of elements) available
- Better interaction within the Navigator
- Elements can now be easily copied
- New start screen layout, data model showing all relations and self relations also available
- More example use cases of iteraplan Reactions available in the documentation
- Missing mandatory and out-of bounds attribute values are highlighted in the single element view
- List of users can now be downloaded
- Current licensee and license expiry date is shown in the admin section
- Filtering for system attributes like lastModificationTime now possible
- Status of search index recreation now shown
- Anonymous access (without prior login) to iteraplan configurable
- iteraplan Reactions now also log their output to the iteraplan log file
- Notifications (Subscriptions) are now sent when importing data via Excel
- Better error message via REST when license in invalid
- The iteraplan Classic Client is no longer available by default.
It is only included as a reference, without any support, and it needs to be activated explicitly to be used.
- User Groups are no longer available. All user groups are migrated to user entities with this release.
- Complex list or visualisation configurations resulting in very long URL strings are now correctly saved
- iteraQL query console results with two separate types are now correcty displayed
- Zoom level in the Information Flow Diagram is now correctly saved
- Quick filter in list view now always connects all search terms via AND
- Overall application speed improved when using custom enumeration attributes with a lot of literals
- Installer no longer uses wrong/unwanted settings when run twice